As a mom, we would always want what’s best for our children…
Oh, forget about that cliché. Our world, in my opinion, is becoming more and more alarming. Truth be told, children ages seven years old and above are now exposed with what’s happening around them, they are beginning to comprehend that our world is not all the time fruit bearing trees, red roses with beautiful butterflies, birds flying in the blue skies… in short, partly wonderful, partly not. And right at this moment, what we really want for our children is to learn how to survive from all the adversities we are all going through. We should-
- Teach them how to fight loneliness. They will be more independent and resilient.
- Teach them how to stand up for themselves. But teach them not to ridicule other children.
- Teach them how to overcome materialism. And be contented with what they have. You should not look over to your neighbor’s to see what they have that you don’t. The only time you should look over someone else’s “bowl” is to see if they have enough.
- Teach them how to protect themselves from sexual predators. And not afraid to speak out, about the people that made them feel uncomfortable.
- Teach them not to hate people of different race and religion.
- Teach them how to identify the good influences from the bad ones.
- Teach them how to choose responsibly, because all of their life’s choices will reflect on the kind of person that they would become.
Their generation is thriving along with the technology we are having right now. But despite of all these, our world is uncertain. We might not be able to give them all the best, furthermore, we can not be there with them all the time, but what we could do is teach them these lessons so that they can turn out to be the best, notwithstanding the reality that they are about to face.
image credit: www.deviantart.com